The hardest thing I've ever had to do.... ever
Thank you all, I know that many of you have had similar moments and it's good that I can use that as comfort and understanding. Yeah, you hear a noise and you jump to see what's she into now, you're doing something and stop to go check, or you reach out to see if she needs something, but then you realize, you're alone. The past few years became more difficult, I lost her when she could no longer put words together and couldn't remember my name. She knew I was someone important in her life but lost the connection as to who I was. I'm not sure how I did what I did, but the bond and the commitment we both made 60 years ago was greater than the frustration and sadness I felt.

They are taking good care of her, I get weekly updates from her hospice nurse and I plan on another video visit later this week. I know I did the right thing for us both, but it's still hard to deal with right now. Big Blue has always been there for anyone in need to talk, it's great to have friends that are willing to listen. I thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread
RE: The hardest thing I've ever had to do.... ever - by ezdays - 08-24-2020, 09:11 AM