The hardest thing I've ever had to do.... ever
Thank you Charlie, and everyone else too for being so understanding. If I didn't think of you all as friends, I never would have posted this in the first place. As I said, I've met and/or talked on the phone with many of you, I had planned a trip across the country many years ago, and wanted to stop along the way to visit some friends that I've never met in person, but my wife, for some reason, didn't want to go, so we didn't. I think that was in the very early stages of her dementia, I found later on that she was afraid to drive or go to new places.

There's a line in the movie, "Things Change" that I always remember. The crime boss is skeptical of this guy and is about to have him whacked, when he hands him something, I think it was an old coin that has significance. The boss calls off the hounds, then looks at him and says, "It's always nice to meet a new friend". That's what it's like whenever someone new shows up on Big Blue, without the whacking thing of course.....
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread
RE: The hardest thing I've ever had to do.... ever - by ezdays - 08-25-2020, 06:31 AM