The hardest thing I've ever had to do.... ever
Just an update, I've had several Skype visits with my wife, she seems distracted easily but we at least could see each others face, even if it was on a screen. Yesterday, after testing negative for Covid19, I was able to visit her in person.  It went about as well as you could ask for seeing as how I was hidden behind all that PPE garb, (gown, gloves, mask and face shield), her with a mask on, and we had to stay 6' away from each other. She has aphasia (cannot speak coherently), so verbal communications are out of the question, although she does understand some of what is said, she cannot respond, but did indicate that she knew who I was. She is doing as well as she can considering her condition. I get frequent reports from different caretakers on how she's doing.

All-in-all, she's in good hands and is taking care of by professionals much better than I could do, so I'm content knowing that she's in the right place for the care she needs. I'm just hoping that this virus thing is behind us soon so she can see my face and hold my hand and maybe give us both some satisfaction that all is well with each other.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread
RE: The hardest thing I've ever had to do.... ever - by ezdays - 09-10-2020, 06:33 AM