The hardest thing I've ever had to do.... ever
Just a bit of an update. I get to see my wife via Skype about once a week and get weekly updates from the Hospice nurse. She seems to be adapting better to where she is, and the Skype visits are getting better. She looks at me now rather than being distracted and tries to talk. After yesterday's visit, she said, "bye". She has aphasia, so that's quite an accomplishment for her.... When she was home, the lowest level that I could think of to keep her occupied was coloring books and crayons, but she was afraid to start. They tell me that she has taken well to working with colored blocks, something that I'd never think to do so they know what they're doing there. They also announced that they are 100% Covid19 free, but I expect that a visit without PPE gear will not happen for a while yet.

As for me, I'm managing without her, but I wish I didn't have to. I just keep hoping that she'll get better, but I know that's out of the question. I thank you all again for your prayers and concerns, I did what was best for the both of us, I don't have to like it, but I'm OK with doing it.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread
RE: The hardest thing I've ever had to do.... ever - by ezdays - 09-25-2020, 08:54 AM