Amtrak New York Division/Conrail Atlantic Region
(01-18-2021, 09:17 PM)BR60103 Wrote: Is it possible to make a separate room(s) for the sump pump and the breaker box? That would remove the temptation to build layout over and around them.
No furnace? Water heater?

The  sump  pump is in the one space with nothing built in it,  so i am a little forced to  share the area with it.   That said,  I think things can be done to avoid making it inaccessible. The circuit breakers are technically "in the next room" on the  bottom right hand wall of the diagram.   

The diagram does not show the whole basement.   In this case,  the hot water heater and furnace are on the other side  of the basement from the planned layout area, in what would be the bottom  left.  I didn't represent it since it is  what I  would  consider  "out of  bounds". 

Also,  there are no clear  measurements of my basement.   I am  reasonably confident that its  about 41'  across, maybe 42',  but this is based on measuring the  basement in segments.  Certain objects,  like  the stairs, shelves, "walls"  and my 4x8  layout table are for sure since I could measure those then define them as shapes in the program I'm using.  

Quote:I operate (when there's no Corvid) on a friend's layout. My description is "A train set in its time plays many parts".  We have 6 or 8 numbered trains that depart the station as one train (10:10 to Manchester) and return as another (2:15 parcels from London). It then departs as ... We have 2 mainline trains and 2 local/suburban/commuter trains and some others. Operation is changing locos and turning around any one-directional cars.

I was kind of  hoping to get away with maybe having two layouts in one,  an ISL kind of  layout attached to a "continuous" mainline  layout.   It  would  be prototypical  for an eastbound  freight to  drop  a cut of  cars for the  yard and  pick up  a cut of outbound cars,  but that  would  be the only connection.
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Amtrak New York Division/Conrail Atlantic Region - by Green_Elite_Cab - 01-18-2021, 10:24 PM