doctorwayne's 2021 Do Something Challenge - Part 2
(04-01-2021, 08:41 AM)nachoman Wrote: Cool!   Do you have prototype photos you are working from?

No prototype photos, although I have seen lots of tenders re-purposed as water cars.  I have one on the layout which I think is probably a Tyco.  I modelled its coal bunker, but all that's there is some left-over coal and a couple of planks.  Here's some just-taken photos, which show that I need to do a small repair to one of the handholds on the rear corner...the camera seems to see things much better than do my eyes.

For the Challenge ones, I'll be adding a little height and a boxcar-type roof over the coal bunkers, plus access doors on the front of the bunker....whatever's in there won't be viewable...could be tools, maybe a gasoline-powered pump., along with some hose....whatever the MoW Dept. thinks appropriate, I guess.  I'm savin' them a bag of money by not actually putting anything inside. Misngth

Wayne

Messages In This Thread
RE: doctorwayne's 2021 Do Something Challenge - Part 2 - by doctorwayne - 04-01-2021, 02:00 PM