doctorwayne's 2021 Do Something Challenge - Part 2
Just so nobody thinks that I've abandoned this part of my Challenge, here are a couple of photos showing at least some progress....

I used .060" sheet styrene to build-up the coal bunkers, as I had lots of cuttings of that material left-over from other projects.  I then sheathed the outside of the extensions using some Evergreen "corrugated" siding.  The doors allowing access into the former coal bunkers are from either Tichy or Grandt Line.  They're non-working, so I won't have to make any details for the interior. Thumbsup
The next step is to build the roofs, and I'll likely be using Evergreen sheet- and strip-material to create a waterproof cover for each car.

The lead car, in the first photo, is the one that didn't have a cast metal underbody, but it looks like I'll have to modify the body shell a bit so that I can use screws to keep the plastic underbody from falling out every time the car is picked-up.

Wayne

Messages In This Thread
RE: doctorwayne's 2021 Do Something Challenge - Part 2 - by doctorwayne - 05-30-2021, 05:25 PM