Tompm’s 2021 Do Something Challenge, Part 2
This will be my second challenge project. The Walthers Cinder Conveyor and Ash Pit.

[Image: biASF7m.jpg]
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery
nice my poor lpb's just got a pit with with a shovel  and  low side gon next to it .
Jim
Ah yeah,

in pleasant anticipation of the built of another classic kit 2285_

Lutz
I opened the box to look over the kit’s part. My first reaction is I have quite a few things to paint. The ash pit, concrete foundation, the building, and probably the steel supports. Given the number of colors and the size of the parts I don’t feel firing up the airbrush is warranted. It will be either rattle can or brush.

I will clean off the parts and most likely give them a quick shot of flat sealer before I start painting.

[Image: oTEs1df.jpg]
Tom
My Rail Images Gallery
Will be a nice detail for your locomotive servicing area.

Somewhat related, but my failure to complete an ash pit and coaling tower kit 25 years ago is the reason my railroad burns oil. Smile Smile

Good luck to you!
--
Kevin
Check out my Shapeways creations!
3-d printed items in HO/HOn3 and more!
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s-model-train-detail-parts">https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s ... tail-parts</a><!-- m -->
After painting the parts for the cinder conveyor, I began the assembly. Instructions say to build the support column. I thought the coaling tower was annoying at times. This thing took frustration to a level I never knew existed.

Trying to line up the lattice work between the sides was a hair pulling experience. I managed to break three pieces off just trying to get one piece aligned to the other. After about an hour and a half to two hours, after various thoughts of destroying the model in numerous ways involving throwing, crushing, or stomping I finally got it together.

Next step is to assemble the shed that goes on top.

[Image: NFMq7Sh.jpg]

[Image: 488Klvw.jpg]
Tom
My Rail Images Gallery
I finally got around to assembling the shed.

[Image: 6hydmYK.jpg]

[Image: lhnB65b.jpg]
Tom
My Rail Images Gallery
Finished building the Cinder Conveyor and Ash Pit. Next step is weathering.

I guess I need to thing about a third challenge project.

[Image: p1vVjao.jpg]

[Image: EJs16N4.jpg]
Tom
My Rail Images Gallery
Looking good, neat job. Applause Gunna do a third challenge???? Whoa, ambitious for sure....
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Yeah,

you did it Applause Thumbsup Icon_exclaim

Third challenge? As Don wrote; indeed very ambitious.

Lutz
Well I am going to do something to the layout between now and when the challenge ends. I might as well call it a challenge and therefore it sounds more momentous than it may actually be.
Tom
My Rail Images Gallery
(05-10-2021, 02:49 PM)tompm Wrote: Well I am going to do something to the layout between now and when the challenge ends. I might as well call it a challenge and therefore it sounds more momentous than it may actually be.

That, my friend, is an excellent idea Applause , Got a few projects that might work for me That way, I get things done that I've been putting off..
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Another final photo I need to post.
Tom
My Rail Images Gallery
Final photos after weathering

[Image: 8PG8Za7.jpg]

[Image: Tom7PtW.jpg]
Tom