ezday's 2021 do something II challenge
Got an idea, (also got a headache from thinking too much). We had a house built for us when we moved to Wickenburg back in 1999. A long time ago, but I remember there was this cabinet shop downtown that did all the cabinets for our house. It looked almost exactly like the building in this Walther's kit,  the display room and office were up the stairs, the workshop was downstairs. I would go back to take some photos of it except that the day after they delivered our cabinets, one of the workers had kicked over a jar of thinner that burst in flames and the place burned to the ground. No one was hurt, he ran away, but we did lose one door and our countertops in the fire. As a tribute to this shop and our four years living in Wickenburg, I'll do my best to turn this building into the EZ-FIT CABINET SHOP. Remember, almost everything on my layout is EZ, even if it's hard. Icon_rolleyes  Icon_lol

It's time to start populating my industrial area anyway, so I'll try my best not to screw it up, don't know if I need to do any kitbashing anyway. it's a pretty good fit as-is. Waiting

Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Can't wait to see how it turns out. Good luck.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery
Got some progress to show. No real biggie, but do have the shell painted and assembled. One change, I cut off the separate stairs and have one set and a concrete porch that matches the structure that I'm trying to replicate more closely. I haven't a clue what the back looked like, so I will add the shed extension and assume that was also there on the original building. I will use the handrails that came with the kit, and found some fencing that will serve as railings. The original building did not have an awning over the front, so I'm leaving that off. I'll have room for a larger sign that way too.

Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Applause  Thumbsup
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
Looking good thus far.
Tom
My Rail Images Gallery
Thank you, I'm trying, I just hope that Walther's doesn't ban me from buying any more of their kits. Icon_rolleyes
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Wow, your really doing a great job on that kit Don Applause , BONUS points for it being in N scale Worship , way to small for me Icon_e_biggrin .

I have that same building, its the yard office on my layout.
[Image: sig2.jpg]-Deano
[Image: up_turb10k_r.gif]
Got to the next step, got the building put together with the different entrance. Shed extension and roofs are in place. Got some details and cleaning up yet to do, not sure about the signs, I may change them, the signs look a bit to new for this old building. Lastly, I need to find a place to plant it, the spot I had in mind won't work, too small, no access to the back for trucks.

Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
The aged mortar effects really make the details pop, Don.  Very nicely done.   Applause Applause Applause

Wayne
Came out very well, Don.
Tom
My Rail Images Gallery
Nicely done!
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
Don,

Applause Thumbsup

Lutz
Thank you all for those kind words. I'm finishing up some details and have found a place to plant it. I've been taking photos, but each time I do, I see something else that needs attention.I'm hoping It will be finished today. Confused
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
(05-19-2021, 02:05 PM)ezdays Wrote: Got to the next step, got the building put together with the different entrance. Shed extension and roofs are in place. Got some details and cleaning up yet to do, not sure about the signs, I may change them, the signs look a bit to new for this old building. Lastly, I need to find a place to plant it, the spot I had in mind won't work, too small, no access to the back for trucks.

Trucks?????
How about service by train / Boxcars???
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
(05-23-2021, 07:43 AM)ngauger Wrote:
(05-19-2021, 02:05 PM)ezdays Wrote: Got to the next step, got the building put together with the different entrance. Shed extension and roofs are in place. Got some details and cleaning up yet to do, not sure about the signs, I may change them, the signs look a bit to new for this old building. Lastly, I need to find a place to plant it, the spot I had in mind won't work, too small, no access to the back for trucks.

Trucks?????
How about service by train / Boxcars???

Good thought and easy to do. I was just thinking about local delivery since it is a small shop, but maybe a larger building out back where I can add a spur track. I think I have the ideal building for that.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and