Details, When Are They Too Much?
Hello Tom,

one of the questions is: "Which details will survive rough handling and which will not?"

A other one: "Which details i will be able to observe when the car is running on my layout?"

My thoughts to it:
As example; when you runnng a large layout with trains about to reach 100+ cars, you will watching this train running from a point of a more far away distance. 
[Image: dsc02501xpsur.jpg]
Did you see every detail? Are you able to differ from this distance if the 10th car is Walthers Mainline or Walthers Proto? Atlas Trainman or Atlas Master? Accurail or Intermountain?

On the other end my relative small switching layout:
[Image: dsc03186v3jxb.jpg]
Because the cars are switched directly just before my tip of the nose, i am able to see any detail. And because you are able to see this fine details, therefor i use the better detailed cars only. Of course, they require a gentle handling by the 0-5-0 finger crane.
And i need no 100+ cars. About two to three dozen cars only to make sessions.

At least it is a queston of $ vs $$$$.
For a small layout i am able even with a small $ budget to buy the better detailed (and more expensive) cars because the quantity is low.
For a bigger layout i am able to keep the costs relatively down by purchasing the simplier cars only, which are also not so cost-intensive.

my 2 €ents

Lutz

Messages In This Thread
Details, When Are They Too Much? - by tompm - 07-15-2021, 09:37 AM
RE: Details, When Are They Too Much? - by testone - 07-16-2021, 03:03 AM
RE: Details, When Are They Too Much? - by ngauger - 07-16-2021, 05:13 AM
RE: Details, When Are They Too Much? - by ezdays - 07-16-2021, 09:32 AM
RE: Details, When Are They Too Much? - by bdw9535 - 07-16-2021, 03:55 PM