Weekly Photo Fun 12/31/21 - 1/6/22
Lubbers Run, beginning to think this isn't the best place to railfan.
Wishing you and yours the very best in the new year.

Bruce

Wishing everyone all the best for the New Year---here's the last train of the year 1959 leaving Lowbanks heading home to Leetown.

Working some ore jennies on the Wilderson. Happy New Year.     Charlie
Happy New year to all!  Icon_e_biggrin

My parting shot for 2021, oh, and 2021, I hope the door hits your backside on the way out 790_smiley_picking_a_fight
[Image: t2gpoLU.jpg]
[Image: sig2.jpg]-Deano
[Image: up_turb10k_r.gif]
Sorry guys, but this is so darn cool, just had to post here, PLEASE check this out, you'll thank me for it Icon_e_biggrin ...
C&O H7 with runaway front drivers - YouTube

HOW WAS THAT for the most realistic steam running? WOW, TRULY AWESOME!!!!!!
Great shots everyone!

Happy New Year!

To end the year here are a few shots of the new work around Union Station and the newly placed Northern Light & Power.

[Image: M6HWQq2.jpg]

[Image: fwUeVXb.jpg]

[Image: plkDqC4.jpg]
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery
Deano - very cool. I would guess they did it with two motors and two decoders.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
(01-01-2022, 06:29 AM)FiatFan Wrote: Deano - very cool.  I would guess they did it with two motors and two decoders.

Tom
Yea Tom, I think they used 2 decoder/sound decoders to do the job Thumbsup . I have seen others attempt to do this, but none were as successful, besides the way they got the slippage working, they did a great job on all the lighting effects too, but a better sight on that is in another vid. These guys really knock Steam running right out of the ballpark Worship Applause . 

I just happened to come across the vid that guy puts out and thought WOW, there are a lot of steam guys here on the forum, would be neat to show how realistic the technology has gotten.
(12-31-2021, 07:07 PM)UP SD40-2 Wrote: Sorry guys, but this is so darn cool, just had to post here, PLEASE check this out, you'll thank me for it Icon_e_biggrin ...
C&O H7 with runaway front drivers - YouTube

HOW WAS THAT for the most realistic steam running? WOW, TRULY AWESOME!!!!!!

So:
[Image: dsc00026wwxui.jpg]
Two independent drive trains, two decoders with the ability to switch off acceleration/deceleration momentum (switching mode) on/off.
Run the drive trains in consist mode and switch momentum off with one group of drivers as you like.
With a little bit experience and trained skills you will get this results.

Lutz
A shot from Whiskey Point today.  Yesterday was 63*, today it's 25 with 9" of snow.

Bruce