Interaction Hobbies Schaake Machine Works
I've built their coke machine, it came in the gas station kit that I built for another modeller. I've also built both CPR tool sheds, the portable station, the tobacco shop, two of the model t's and a bunch of the detail parts. Here's the other kits that I ordered to get the Christmas caboose.

I plan to have a partially navigable river on the layout so I wanted the workboat. The 'Hoarder's Shipment' look like it was just too much fun to pass up. Where else are you going to find an HO scale Indiana Jones Ark crate?

I did get so decent progress today:

I took all the foundations and painted them. These are laser cut cardstock, two medium parts are the foundations for the boiler house and shed, the small is the rear entrance and the large is for the main building. I scribed expansion joints into the large foundation and then painted them all with a light gray primer, followed by Model master concrete and Model master old concrete. The large foundation has a trace of Vallejo dirt between where the front and rear doors will be.

While I had the dirt paint in the airbrush, I added some to the lower parts of the walls and windows. Then I also sprayed some around the window fans.

Then it was time to install the windows. each window takes two laser-cut pieces of clear glazing. It comes with a tissue paper backing that is easier to remove before you remove the glazing from the carrier (learned that the hard way) It took a couple hours to install all the windows.

But finally I'm able to put a couple walls up. I need to start thinking of routing wires for the lighting and adding the interior components next

Messages In This Thread
RE: Interaction Hobbies Schaake Machine Works - by cnrglen - 12-27-2022, 09:13 PM