Interaction Hobbies Schaake Machine Works
I built the Scalescenes Freighter a couple years ago:
T030 Cargo Ship - Scalescenes

But it's a bit large for the area that I have planned.

I figured out the lighting for both floors.

I bought this roll of LED strip lights off ebay a number of years ago. It will supply me with enough lights for a long time. 

I cut two, three led strips off and solders some leads.

Then I test threaded them through some styrene tubing. The plan is to put some tubing in the corner and then run the wires up the tube to both floors.

I painted the tube to match the walls and glued it in. I'll touch up the floor before adding the details.

Speaking of the floor, I glued the rear wall on and then test fitted the second floor. I had to remove some material to clear the lighting tube.

Then I had to figure out the stairs from the first to second floor. I'm using Central Valley's star and ladder kit. 

It took a bit of figuring as to the length of stairs and where and how big to cut the hole in the second floor. I made the stairs start right beside the rear doors, that gave me a point to calculate where everything else would land. 

and when it was all said and done, my LP can now get to the engineering offices on the second floor.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Interaction Hobbies Schaake Machine Works - by cnrglen - 12-30-2022, 07:38 PM