Interaction Hobbies Schaake Machine Works
Thanks, I'm nearing the completion of the project. I built the boiler house, starting with the walls.

I glued the three walls together and spray painted them in a light gray.

Then I dry-brushed Americana 'Heritage Brick' across the brickwork.

When that was dry, I went back and painted individual bricks in burnt sienna and a brown oxide. 

I installed the windows like the shed except there aren't any window frames in bricklaying. Instead the windows fit in the bricks with a sill and lintel fitted bottom and top.

At this time I built the smoke stack and used a block of wood to simulate the boiler. Since I'm not adding lights to this part of the structure the block painted black will do just fine. The stack is a length of aluminum tubing with a 3-d printed cap and a laser-cut collar for the support wires. I did deviate from the instruction a bit as I found it was easier to add some things (like the doors)  before the roof went on.

I did come across a small problem with the smoke stack. There is a hole in both the floor and roof for the stack but I found the roof hole didn't line up. Not a big deal, I just cut a new hole and installed the stack.

I did change up the roofing for the boiler room. The kit supplies tar paper for the roof but I installed corrugated roofing instead. It's painted a light gray now but I'll be weathering it before it's finished.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Interaction Hobbies Schaake Machine Works - by cnrglen - 02-19-2023, 11:40 PM