Interaction Hobbies Schaake Machine Works
I'm looking forward to adding this to the layout as well but I first need a bit more 'urban planning' 

With the boiler house and storge shed finished, I attached them to the main structure:

I airbrushed the roof of the boiler house with polly-s rust and dirt. I first tried Vallejo rust but it came out like a semi-gloss metallic (weird)  Not pictured here are the guy wires that run from the chimney support ring to the four corners on the roof. I used some black thread for those. 
But with the main structures completed, it was time to start working on the details.

There is a set of external ductwork to be added. It's four pieces of doubled up basswood.

I attached to supplied support brackets and airbushed the ducts in a silver.

I weathered them with some drybrushing and installed them on the outside wall. 

The other larger detail are two oil storage tanks for the boiler room. There is a basic structure, that you wrap a laser cut paper shell over to make the tank.

With that made, and the legs added I soldered up their piping to the boilers

[attachment=40327]

And then installed the tanks on the boiler house side.

The project is almost done now. Just some extra detailing and weathering. I should get it dome in the next day or so.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Interaction Hobbies Schaake Machine Works - by cnrglen - 02-28-2023, 08:04 PM