Gun stock
Been a while since I did any woodworking worth posting, but I bought a gun a while back that needed a new stock added. I could buy many different ones starting at around $50 up to several hundred, then another $50 would get me the required adapter ring to fit it to my gun. I've been wanting a new bandsaw since I sold mine during a move years ago, so this was my chance. Bought one for $160 and I had some scrap maple and everything else I needed so what a delight to get something practical done. Here's the whole project in one post:

Cut the blank on the bandsaw, note the pencil line. I cut the blank in two so I could cut the tapers and basic shape with the saw.

After cutting the basic shape on the bandsaw, I glued the parts back together, then sanded it smooth with a belt sander. I used a circle cutter and a Dremel tool to cut the groove that fit on the end of the gun in place of the adapter.

I spray painted the wood stock black to match the gun

Here it is attached to the end of the gun. Added a rubber butt pad to cushion any recoil.

So, for a little bit over the cost of the stock and adapter, I wound up with that plus a bandsaw, and had fun building it.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread
Gun stock - by ezdays - 01-14-2023, 10:45 AM
RE: Gun stock - by Charlie B - 01-14-2023, 01:28 PM
RE: Gun stock - by ezdays - 01-14-2023, 04:31 PM
RE: Gun stock - by Tyson Rayles - 01-15-2023, 10:08 AM
RE: Gun stock - by ezdays - 01-15-2023, 11:31 AM
RE: Gun stock - by Tyson Rayles - 01-20-2023, 07:01 AM
RE: Gun stock - by ezdays - 01-20-2023, 10:53 AM
RE: Gun stock - by jim currie - 01-30-2023, 09:10 PM