First video chat for 2023
We are looking to hold our first video chat in a while. We need to know who's in, what day and time works best for those that are, and lastly what media chat do we want to use and who knows enough about it to coordinate things.

So let's hear from everyone, we have had some good ones in the past and they are always enjoyable, just that the last one didn't work out too good, so let's hope we can do well this time.

To start with, I'm in, just that I've got some medical issues that I'm dealing with and some procedures that have not been scheduled yet, so I can keep everyone posted here when I know.

I will keep this list updated, so far the following have said they'd attend:

Ezdays
Fiat Fan
Charlie B
TomPM
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
I have been looking at Google meet which is free but limited to 60 minutes. That should be enough time but there could be another one set by another person to use if we run out of time  here is a link to the instructions and what is required meet requirements
It is pretty simple and will work across many platforms according to the instructions. I am willing to do a test if someone else wants to try it with me. 
Maybe we can get OB Jack and some of the new members to come aboard. 

Charlie
(04-20-2023, 07:05 AM)Charlie B Wrote: I have been looking at Google meet which is free but limited to 60 minutes. That should be enough time but there could be another one set by another person to use if we run out of time  here is a link to the instructions and what is required meet requirements
It is pretty simple and will work across many platforms according to the instructions. I am willing to do a test if someone else wants to try it with me. 
Maybe we can get OB Jack and some of the new members to come aboard. 

Charlie

I've been told that not everyone here has a Google account. Is that going to be necessary to sign in? We have used Skype and Zoom in the past and no one had any problems.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Just look at your link, first rule of use, "must have a Google account", which will leave out a few key players who will not be able to sign in by choice. We need to consider Skype or Zoom like we've done in the past.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Just curious, do we have any action on putting this meeting together? Does anyone want to run the show and do we want to use something other than Google? Right now, like I said, I'm dealing with a couple of medical issues, one of them is an upcoming serious surgery that is in the process of going through the insurance company approval before it's scheduled. So if you want me to run it, we would have to wait until that is behind me. The list is still iffy because there is some that don't want to use Google and a few that for one reason or the other, hasn't signed up yet.

That's where we are right now. It would be great to get together again, but right now, someone else needs to take charge, or we wait a few weeks until I recover from surgery.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
I remember why we are not doing chats now. No matter what platform we choose some one has a problem with it. Why don't we just forget about it and continue or verbal chat in the campfire. 
Charlie
We can wait, we had some in the past that had a nice group show up, that last few, not so good. For some reason, it's not as easy to get a group together like we used to. A few are still among the missing the past few weeks, haven't seen Lutz in a while either. So let's just hang on and see if anyone else wants to show up. I haven't a clue what my schedule looks like anyway, I know I'll be up for surgery but don't know when yet.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
I agree - give it some more time... I'll try to join in too!!
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
Hopefully the next time I will be able to hang around. The last two times I joined the chat and then disaster struck and I got pulled away and by the time I got back everyone was gone.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery