CN passenger cars - suggestions on old kits
Question 
I just dug out a couple of old E&B Valley coach kits. I can sort of tell how old by the name of the hobby shop.
They're both painted CNR green and black. It's a really good looking finish.
However, one is a 4-4-2 sleeper and the other is a 56-seat coach.  As far as I can tell, CN never had either.
I am looking for suggestions for a name for the sleeper and a number for the coach. I would like both to be fictitious. The coach looks as if it would be comfortable in the 5400 series, but I wouldn't want to put a real number on it. 

Construction is going slowly. It must have been started between 30 and 40 years ago and some of the glue joints have separated (only the trucks were done) and one of the floors is bent.

I can't post pictures as the computer won't talk to the SD chip.
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
Are these the heavyweight cars? If so I don't think CN started to name their cars (outside of business cars)until the lightwieght/streamlined era
No, these are lightweight, probably PS. Look like 1950s.
David
Moderato ma non troppo
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Okay. CN named their sleepers in series, based on the types. I have two Rapido Sleepers, an 'E' series (Evangeline) and a 'Bay' Series (Hudson Bay) You would have to find the closest thing that CN had to a 4-4-2 sleeper and name it accordingly. Try googling Canadian National 4-4-2 sleeper. As far as the coach, CN just numbered theirs so take your pick.

CN Sig made a great set of CN passenger car decals through Microscale. I used these to letter my Duplex Sleeper
I'm back working on these cars. I picked a name for the sleeper from the Champ decal set that I picked up. I then found some CN 4-4-2 sleepers in the Cove series, but they'd been disposed of before my CN equipment roster was published.
I'm now having fun trying to glue the bodies together. The kits were pre-painted, probably sprayed, and there's paint over the mating surfaces like top of sides and edge of roof. The liquid plastic cement is doing odd things to the paint rather than the plastic. I'm thinking about ACC.
David
Moderato ma non troppo