Weekly Photo Fun 12/1 - 12/7/23
Having problems downloading my picture this week to the computer, so here's a photo from four years ago.

WPMA-29 has completed its work at the Lower Bank team track.

Bruce

A different view of the "flat hill".  The hill in the middle of the photo was inspired by an article I read many years ago in Model Railroader...  From front to back, that scenery is less than 1/2 an inch thick - which was all the room I had available for scenery - which goes to show that there's a scenic answer to every problem.  Speaking of problems - that unweathered coal hopper sticks out like a sore thumb...

Check out my "Rainbows in the Gorge" website: http://morristhemoosetm.wixsite.com/rainbows
It's always special when EG&E power is sighted on the Leetown Division.

Thanks to Barney Secord we get a good view of the Beeton turntable and rail yard.

The local commuter train at Beck's curve on it's way to Taffton.     
Charlie
Lately I've seen some of the Leetown employees in action.

Great pictures this week, so far, guys.

Bruce: That Conrail switcher reminds me a lot of seeing Conrail equipment when I was little.

Tmo: I always love the weathering on your cars. You’re right, though. Once they’re weathered, the non-weathered ones look way weird.

Nutbar: I always love shots from your layout.

Charlie: That commuter train looks sharp. What’s the head end car I see there?
————————————————————————————
Modeling the East Broad Top as it was between 1937-1942
~Amanda
(12-04-2023, 10:38 AM)Amalynn Wrote: Charlie: That commuter train looks sharp. What’s the head end car I see there?

Amalynn, that is a model of the PRR X29 box car that was on the Kiski Junction Railroad which is now at the East Broad Top.  It was built as a retirement gift by my good friend and honorary brother DrWayne. Here are some photos of it. It is my most cherished model.         
Charlie
Ed,

Like the additional of your crew figures.  Shows how massive those steamers were.  One of those EG&E boxcars showed up in South Jersey in early September of 2018.

Bruce

This week's pictures got me thinking about "special items" on the Leetown Division---here's a couple of examples that remind me of good friends I've made over the years.

(12-04-2023, 04:47 PM)Charlie B Wrote:
(12-04-2023, 10:38 AM)Amalynn Wrote: Charlie: That commuter train looks sharp. What’s the head end car I see there?

Amalynn, that is a model of the PRR X29 box car that was on the Kiski Junction Railroad which is now at the East Broad Top.  It was built as a retirement gift by my good friend and honorary brother DrWayne. Here are some photos of it. It is my most cherished model. 
Charlie

Those close-ups look phenomenal! Thank you for sharing Charlie
————————————————————————————
Modeling the East Broad Top as it was between 1937-1942
~Amanda