Wooden working pinball machine
Amazing Don. That sure takes a steady hand and "good" eyes. Big Grin
Matt
I can smell a steam post ten blocks away and when I do clear the tracks because the steam express will be hi ballin through
http://cambriaindiana.weebly.com/
I cannot believe how intricate this kit is. Great job on it.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery
Thanks guys, "intricate" is being kind, and yeah, at times I wish I had taken a shot of that hooch to improve they eyesight and steady the hands, but then I'd probably get most parts in backwards....

I am on Step 15 which should be the last but has more parts to finish than I had hoped for. At this point, I've crossed the 30 hour mark. Steps 12 and 13 had me put all six sub-assemblies together, step 14 finished up the wiring, so here's a few shots before I closed the underside up.

Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Very cool! Thank you for showing this project.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
So my question is Don, how much are you going to be playing with it once you complete it?
Matt
I can smell a steam post ten blocks away and when I do clear the tracks because the steam express will be hi ballin through
I was walking around a mall yesterday, went into a store I had't seen, and they had a selection of these kits. After reading your write ups, I didn't buy one.
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
It looks very complicated Don. Icon_e_geek 

But you made a great job Applause 

Lutz
Don how much did this kit cost?
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
Thanks for the complements guys, it is a fun project if you've got the patience and are willing to follow directions. You must to the letter or else something else down the line will not work. I should be done right now, I've been checking for parts that I didn't put (they give you lots of spares), in and found that I missed two pages and have to open the underside and put in two brackets that I missed. I'm glad there weren't ten parts on the one page.  The second was a lot of pre-test of the  electronics and score lighting. It seems skipping that step didn't hurt since they all seem to do what they're suppose to. I have one string of back lights that look like the right half is not lighting. I may not be able to dig that far because it is hidden below many layers. My project today is to see how much I can correct, but so far I find that 480 out of 482 parts are as they should be.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
(03-02-2024, 07:44 AM)Tyson Rayles Wrote: Don how much did this kit cost?

This one is a bit more expensive than the others because of the number of parts plus the electronics and lighting, and ran $150 on Amazon. Some of the others, like the car and truck were in the mid-$20 range.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Thumbsup
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
Whoopee do, I finally hit the "finished" marker. I did get those two missing brackets in and was able to fix the lighting issue. I've played with it a bit and it does work, there are inherent issues with it that become frustrating, but maybe a few mods will rectify them.

So here it is with no lights on, complete and does look like the photo on the box:

I plugged in the power:

this is what it looks like at night:

Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
That looks Great!!!!! Glad you're finished it... Now you can enjoy it..
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
Don that looks amazing. You did a wonderful job on it.
Matt
Awesome!
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery