The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #X.. Stop In!!!
Good morning folks

It is 32 with a high of 42. They promise it will feel warmer than yesterday. Yesterday’s problem was the bitter cold wind gusts they made it feel miserable.

Last night brought a wayward Christmas decoration bin upstairs from the living room. Need to get the bins out of the hallway and up to the attic. I did some laundry.

I tried to add mortar lines to some of the wall sections for the Ambassador Hotel with pastels. I don’t like how they look so I will be repainting them and trying it with paint.

I hope everybody has a good day.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery
We are starting a new thread, the last one has almost 5,000 posts and has been around about 3 1/2 years.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Good evening folks

Late getting here today due to a concrete pour taking longer than it should have. By the time I got back to the trailer it was time to do the daily reports and head home.

The last few nights I have not done much around the house. By the time I get home and have dinner I am drained. The only train thing I have done is begin testing a couple of new Atlas U30C locomotives.

This weekend is full of the usual stuff. There are trips to the grocery store, produce store, and PetSmart lined up. We have to return a few items to Amazon. With the hernia still around, I am on limited duty which means no carrying laundry baskets but there is still laundry to be done. We have some bulbs to plant so I will probably see if I can tolerate doing so. I will also be monitoring my blood pressure hoping the new medication helps and I can finally get this hernia taken care of.

I plan to run trains. I have a couple of new Chessie System U30C locomotives to test out. I think a grain train is in their future. I may work on the bridge area and possibly tune up some rolling stock of even build rolling stock kit or two.

I hope everybody has a good evening.
Tom
My Rail Images Gallery
We went to Stratford today for a preview of Twelfth Night.
Tomorrow, if it doesn't rain too much, we'll go to the Great British Train Show.  I'll not be exhibiting; this is the first time for me as a visitor and the first time since Covid.
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
Greetings, gang.

It's currently a very humid and cloudy 55 degrees headed for about 70 with clearing skies later on (or so they claim). So far just a half inch of rain with more predicted for tonight and tomorrow. The NWS is predicting 3-4 inches by the time it's over. No tornadoes near me.

Yesterday was a quiet day as I spent most of it in the reading room. Feeling better today so I'll be heading out later for soccer games. When I get home I'll be watching the Nebraska spring game. Then a long wait til August for the season to start. Tomorrow may be a trip to Ames for more baseball but the weather does not look promising.

All stay safe.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
Good morning, yeah, it's still morning, I had to look at the clock to be sure after 9 1/2 hours of sleep.  Awesome

Things seem to be slowing down here, no more Spring Training no more car auctions or horse auctions. The headlines and major TV news stories are all about the football draft now and they say, "what it means to me". Yeah, they're paying players tens of millions and that's suppose to affect me? Only if I buy tickets and use the products that advertise on TV during the games. Same goes for all our local sports. Our hockey team left the area because we wouldn't build them a new arena. There are at least four venues that they can play in, some specifically built for them, but that's not enough. They wanted a billion dollar complex... good bye, I won't miss you.

Not sure what today brings, temps are decent, in the 80's, then start ramping up again but not back into the 100's for a while.  A good time to work outside if one has stuff they can do there. Me, I'm not going too much further than my garage workshop to get stuff done.

Take care everyone, have a great and productive weekend and have fun doing it.... Worship
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Greetings, gang.

55 with a 90% chance of rain. 62 for the high.

Nothing new here. Baseball in Ames at 11 and 3. Gas jumped from $3.09 to $3.39 yesterday.

All stay safe.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
Good morning all, like Tom, we're starting off at 57, but headed to the low 90's and not a drop of rain in the forecast for at least the next two weeks. Typical for us, but what isn't is that we probably won't break 100 for the next few weeks either.

No change in gas prices, eggs are still up there at $2.44 a dozen at Walmart, but not as bad as it's been. For some reason, egg prices seem to change more frequently than for gas.

Not sure what today will bring, I have time to work on my layout, I just need to get motivated to do something. I think we all hit these roadblocks at times. Not that we lose interest, we just lose the spirit.

Y'all have a great day today.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Well, I was visited by Rube and his 5th corollary this week....  GIGO

On the 3D printer, I've been having all kinds of issues around the "hot end" where the filament is dispersed so the printer can "write" to the bed to create 3D things. Turns out (after many new parts $$) and a few hours work.  The filament was causing the issues.... GIGO. the new machine doesn't like the older stuff...  so I got garbage out!!  

So now, using the newer plastic, the printer is back online and my nerves are calmed once again  Smile  Smile
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
4/29
Hello Blue
Sun, rain expected for afternoon, hi in the 70s.
Just checking in. We haven't been away from the house for several days. 
S.J.
TCA.....Detroit3Railers.....Glancy modular layout(Detroit historical Society)
Good morning folks

It is a very strange 79 ad heading up to 89. Just two days a ago we were wrapped in coats and shivering.

This weekend was somewhat productive. We got some easter decorations put away. My wife and daughter got some tulip bulbs planted. With my daughter’s help we were able to do several loads of laundry. She had to do all the heavy lifting. I did a minor repair to our herb garden table. We made the usual visits to PetSmart, and the grocery store. We dropped off some Amazon returns.

I ran a grain train made up of a 21 3-bay covered hoppers and a caboose. Power was two Chessie U30C locomotives from Atlas Master Locomotive series silver version. I had some power issues, but some track cleaning seemed to address them. I took some measurements in the rea of the bridges and test fit the tunnel portal that will act as the roadway tunnel. I need to trim the tunnel and paint it.

Today will be spent making sure I stay hydrated. Being only slightly dehydrated can cause issues with the bladder. With hernia I do not need any other issues. I need to stop at the produce store on the way home. We did not make there over the weekend. I hope to continue doing laundry and finally get a handle on the backlog.

If time permits, I may test another couple of locomotives and start another train.

Since I have been running some long trains as runbys I have been thinking about how to post the runby. I don’t feel comfortable posting it to the Weekly Photo thread. I feel posting it there would basically highjack the thread due to the number of photos which could 30 plus. Therefore, I most likely will create a separate thread in the Shutterbug forum for each one. Thoughts?

I hope everybody has a good day.
Tom
My Rail Images Gallery
Hi all. well its  Monday again and things are about the same got to get ready to head casa grand today have a 7:30 appointment at the VA tomorrow so my son got us a free motel room on his built-up points motel is only 20 min away from the VA clinic instead of two and a half hours. haven't done much on layout as the knee is acting up.
stay safe Jim
Good morning all, and Happy Monday... I'm a bit late, just looking through the bunch of spam I got last week. All free prizes, all I need to do is to take a survey and I've won everything from different Lowe's tool sets to a Kohl's air fryer to different tools from Harbor Freight and even some Tupperware. All those emails look legitimate, but I assure you, they are not. I just counted 10 of these emails in the last six days. Thank you tech guys for making it so easy to be scammed. And now we have new and improved AI to try to fool us even better. Just now got another one at a different email address, this one is about a $499.99 payment that I didn't authorize. No details on what it is for and by whom, just a link and an attachment that I'm not about to open. Scary stuff when you think about it.

Temps in the 90's for a while, we did get a slight amount of rain, enough to mess up my vehicle but not enough to even leave a wet pavement or puddles. No changes in gas prices since last week, so that's about all the news from around here.

Enjoy the week, do your best to have some fun...
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Lightbulb 
Hi all
     Don. I got one of those emails saying they had charged my cc with a ridiculous amount too. They want you to click the link and I am sure they will have control. I deleted the email of course.  I got a letter today about my information being disclosed on AT&T. This ticks me off for 2 reasons, 1, they should have better security and 2, my information should have been deleted 2 years ago. It has been at least 4 years since I used AT&T.  To make matters worse I was over 2 hours locking my credit report with all 3 agencies. Equifax was the worst because I had changed my email address and had not updated with them.  I had cleared my cookies and when I tried to log in they sent a security code to my old email which I can't access. Their automated system did not give the option for live help so I finally used a number for sales and, surprise, surprise, I got right in to a live person that was glad to get me to someone that could help.  Later I decided I needed a new drill (with a keyed chuck) and found the one I wanted on Amazon, but guess what, same thing, I could not access my account for the same reason. I called and got a live person right away, explained my situation and he said he would correct it after we went through some security procedures. He wanted my CC number, My SS number, and another CC number. I told him flat out I understand security procedures but I did not want to have cash set to me, I wanted to by a product, and I could get that product easier on other sites, and I did And I found a better deal at Walmart.  

On a better note, I was able to get all of the grass cut without getting stuck  in  mud. I also drilled 26 holes in a 30  inch tank end     that I bought for use as a fire pit. It is 1/4 steel (reason a new drill is needed) and should last longer than the one I bought 3 years ago.  

We have a beautiful 80 degree day here so I won't even check gas prices.  There is a new episode of the Brokenwood mysteries on Acorn tonight so we will pop a bowl of pop corn and see if they still have the magic that make the show work so well. 

Cheers and prays for everyone in harms way weather wise.
Charlie
When I get dodgy looking eMail I put the cursor over the name and it shows the address that it was sent from without opening the item. (supposedly; most of the time it works). I'm trying to see how to do this on my wife's iPad as it doesn't have a mouse and touching the name opens it.
My spam filter catches about 80% of them. Plus a few legitimate ones.
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.