Big Steel! Update Feb 15/09
Many thanks for the comments everyone, and the suggestions. I'm afraid I may have goofed, and should have put the stairs at a 90 degree angle to what they are now, so they sort of fit inside one of the legs. The trouble is, the legs are very narrow at the base, and angle inwards. I'm not inclined to rip it out and try though, so I think maybe running some smaller beams from above is my best option now.

Ralph, that's exaclty why I don't use super glue if I can avoid it. Believe me, I got fingerprints all over them as it is!!! Nope I try to sand them off if possible, but if not I just leave them as bits of corrosion, hehehe.

WGrider, fortunately the stringers and risers were molded in one piece. I don't think I would have the patience otherwise. I had to add the railings and the platforms. The tricky part when you don't have a supporting wall to square things up is attaching the stairs to the platforms, and keeping the platforms level. There's not a lot of surface area there for glue. Fortunately I have a wide repertoir of curse words just for situations like this! Big Grin

cheers
Val

Messages In This Thread