Your Railroad Book Library
I have a few new books as well-

E44 Electric Operators Manual

Physical Characteristics of NJ Transit 4th Ed. TRO-7

This last one is pretty good, covering the modern configuration of all NJ Transit trackage (even some Amtrak and Conrail areas) and marks the location of automatic signal (apparently, interlocking signals are in another book). It definitely gives me ideas for track planning.

I also got a copy of this pamphlet which i think deserves mention, even though not a book-

SEPTA's Silverliner Heritage-

This was handed out at the Silverliner II and III farewell trip, and was also sold for a few bucks at the SEPTA store on Market Street (near Reading Terminal). The NRHS published this large 8 page article which covers the development of SEPTA's MU cars from the PRR Pioneer III all the way to today's Silverliner V. For the cost ($2.95), it is well worth it for the information it provides on this subject, considering what precious little published information there is.

I actually bought a new one of these, since the one i got from the Silverliner trips I went on is pretty beat up (i keep that one folded into my copy of "Trains Trolleys & Transit", which is a good book on philadelphia passenger trains). I hope to keep the new one in its plastic and in good shape just in case my other one gets really damaged.
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]

Messages In This Thread