Reviewing my layout plans
I live in Hainesport, and I work in Glassboro, so I'm semi familiar with the area and some of CSAO's operations.

A good candidate for your concerns is the Pemberton Inustrial Track. Only 2 industries on the whole line are outside of the Hainesport Industrial park, and for modelling purposes, I feel that the industrial park makes a very easy, fairly compact prototype to work with. Of those 2, Roosevelt paper is very close to the industrial park. I should note that it is NOT on the ZTS charts, but its there, I pass it almost every day.

In 2007, the trains still went down to the Mt. Holly Yard to run around. I took this video that year, to give you an idea of the kind of train that runs on it.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://youtu.be/ws45TeWyJNk?list=UUvGd9yi7CtXklbVX83wJYXg">http://youtu.be/ws45TeWyJNk?list=UUvGd9 ... bVX83wJYXg</a><!-- m -->

The main Industries and the kinds of traffic are-

Atlantic Wood (east of Hainesport Industrial park):

"Inbound"- Log Bunk Bulkhead Flat cars with long logs
"outbound"- Centerbeam flats, loaded with pressure treated plywood.

Municipal Waste (this later became part of the Hainesport Industrial railroad)

- Large gondolas for construction waste, Articulated trash container flat cars

Gallo Wine-

60' Insulated boxcars, similar to the type sold by Eel River Models

Doolan Steel (it may have another name now)

Occasional- Steel coil cars, heavy duty flat cars with massive industrial steel part loads (I just saw a big depressed-center flat car on this train the other night).

Roosevelt Paper (just west of the Hainesport Industrial park)

Newsprint boxcars, typically waffle sided, or 50' High Cube boxcars.

Mt. Holly Team Track

usually boxcars or gondolas. The Mount Holly Team track was removed with the Mount Holly Yard, but it was still in service in 2007. I would pass the Mount Holly yard on my way to school, and a box car or two would be parked next to the ramp.

Doolan Steel, Gallo Wine, and the Municipal Waste industries are all right next to each other in a pretty tight space. Roosevelt paper is very close (you can see this with Bing Maps). Atlantic wood and the Mt. Holly yard are east of Hainesport, but they're the only areas that are kind of out of the way (this is the reason Mt. Holly Yard was closed roughly around 2008-2009).

For modeling purposes, the distance between the Hainesport and Mount Holly could be compressed, since the only major visual land marks in this area is a trestle over the south branch of the Rancocas creek, and the Route 541 Bypass grade crossing.
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]

Messages In This Thread