UP SD40-2's NEW Layout
Thank you, Tom! Icon_e_biggrin

NO, NO real update on the layout as of yet Misngth  , but Bruce mentioned a new engine coming out, it got me to thinking about some things. I have a pretty "robust" engine collection, and have amassed a good collection of rolling stock. Before my Dad had passed, he had a few layouts, some I was around to help build and enjoy with him. My Dad always built layouts based on the 40's-60's so I always bought my own engines to run on his layouts that were correct for the time period his layout at the time was built for, hence, I have A LOT of older stuff.

My layouts have always been based around the 70's to about 2006, my current layout is about 2006. 
Around 2006, in my eyes, it was a GREAT time to be in Wisconsin, the UP was here and with them came many engines from far away roads, neat engines too, like Tunnel motors showed up HERE IN WISCONSIN. There was a bunch of patched and unpatched units here from many roads. UP AC6000's, SD90Macs and the first SD70Ace's would show up from time to time out of Chicago. The Wisconsin & Southern was doing well here at that time, buying engines from other roads and running them before painting them. You could see quite a few CNW engines still, even a couple Milwaukee Roads from time to time, though they were disappearing fast. The Wisconsin Central was already bought out by the CP, but you could still see many WC engines and a few GBW engines around. You could see a SOO every now and then, and IC&E ran here in Southern Wisconsin, YES friends, it truly was a GREAT time to be in Wisconsin as far as Rail Roading goes in 2006. 

I REALLY DONT NEED ANY MORE ENGINES, but I did but another CNW dash9 on EBAY today, not going to weather it or patch it. I would like two more engines though, a UP GP15, they do a lot of switching up here, would like one. I also would like a Milwaukee road SD40-2, I could run it unpatched with either my WSOR or WC engines, would be neat. 

Well, I have rambled enough Icon_lol  , I leave you with a pic I posted in the WPF thread today, I liked it so thought I would put it here too. A pair of Dash 9's, FUN FACT, very first Dash 9 I had ever seen was in Florida, was living there at the time, it was an FEC Icon_e_biggrin  
[Image: 2FU2JPD.jpg]
[Image: sig2.jpg]-Deano
[Image: up_turb10k_r.gif]

Messages In This Thread