Puddlejumper's photo thread
Thanks to Ralph for posting up pix of his GP9B unit, I decided I had to have one. Actually I already had 2 GP9 B unit conversion kits I bought from Walthers, seeing Ralph's unit got me motivated. The kits are for Proto 2000 GP9s, but I didn't have one handy so I converted an Atlas GP7. For future reference the Atlas GP7 is not the best candidate for the conversion. The walkways and battery boxes are cast as a part of the frame and required milling in order to eliminate the cab. The P2K units would be easier because the walkways are seperate from the chassis and body. Also the handrails have to be removed from the Atlas unit in order to remove the body from the chassis. Not so on the Proto units. So here is a pic after I got the conversion done, but before decals. Sorry I didn't take progress pics during the build.

[Image: DSC_0457.jpg]

Since the unit has to run with a cab unit I made it a dummy. I also managed to get a little overspray on one truck, I will correct that and then decal it, and pix when it's done.

Dave
-Dave

Messages In This Thread