Prototype modeling - how far can you take it?
MountainMan Wrote:As I have stated before, I don't post any of my modeling work here, because I don't believe this to be the kind of forum that is receptive to non-standard ideas. The rapidity with which people here take offensive confirms that.

That is a disappointing comment. While sometimes this forum can feel a little clique-ish with more veteran members receiving more feedback than newer members, that is really no different than any other small social group whose members have known each other for a long time. Really, this forum is one of the best I have found for being positive. Sure, a newcomer may not receive the same attention as someone who has been here from the beginning, but that should not be interpreted as negative. One solution to "break the ice" is to participate and show your work. On other forums, I have flat out seen where one member tells another his/her work is terrible, or looks like crap, or that their philosophy towards the hobby is wrong. The former "model trains weathered forum" got so critical they decided to become an exclusive club that requires you PAY to use the forum, and you must be recommended by a current member in order to join! Go over to the Narrow Gauge discussion forum and people get their undewear bound so tight that I have seen direct threats against each other. While that forum is filled with useful information, the hostile attitude displayed there keeps me from participating.

In the 4 years or so I have been a member on this forum and its predecessor, I can only remember 4-5 snide comments directed at someone's modeling efforts or philosophy.
--
Kevin
Check out my Shapeways creations!
3-d printed items in HO/HOn3 and more!
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s-model-train-detail-parts">https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s ... tail-parts</a><!-- m -->

Messages In This Thread