Baldwin 1922 2-4-2.........an HO kit/scratch/bash
    This is where I last left this project. The only photo I've ever seen of this loco, is of Warrenton RR #4, in the February 1975 issue of Railroad Modeler. One of the reasons I've put it off for so long is that I was hoping to find other photos.    
This is where I am right now. Some changes have been made. The original MDC frame developed a crack in a "bad place", and I had to build a new one using mostly ABS plastic. this next shot is a LH 3/4 front.    
This shows the underside of the loco,     , and this is the tender, an old Rivarossi that will get some serious "upgrades".     This will be a slow build, as I am also working on the three new modules. Once I have all the required parts made and assembled for the Warrenton loco, I intend to add the "standard shipyard house parts". It will get a generator, not on the prototype, an angled bell mount, top/center on the smokebox front, and the new headlight mounted on the pilot deck.
I'm still working on how to gear and power it.
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!

Messages In This Thread