A computer question...
eightyeightfan1 Wrote:Thanks guys!!!
All this talk about computer problems and guess what?....I have a problem.
Something happened to IE this morning. I was on for about an hour everything was fine. Logged off, came back and BOOM!, couldn't get back online. After a couple of hours troubleshooting, and cause my Weather Channel desktop was still working,I came to the conclusion that the problem was with IE. I had actually figured..OK..Kinda figured it was IE, but I couldn't even log on to get FireFox.(It was that bad). The only way I could get on was to actually go to the Microsoft Download website(There I could go to other web sites). I downloaded IE8(its free...Why not!).
I'll tell you what....I'm impressed!. Pages are loading quicker. Speed has increased at least two fold....This thing is smoking now!

Then I started to wonder....If IE7 was designed to go bad at a certain time, or when a newer version was released, just to make you download the newest version.Conspiracy Theory? Maybe?
Ed, I downloaded IE8 last week, and didn't have the nerve to install it, but your post has made me brave. Just in case, It has been great to know all of youse on this here forum.
Charlie

Messages In This Thread