Added some detail to the blue boxes
Good work, but don't forget the couple cut levers! they aren't to hard, you can either glue the levers straight to the bits molded on to the pilot, or use the supplied brackates and install them on the lever and then install them on the pilot like you would any other piece.

Another super easy, super cheap MAJOR conrail detail are the cab signal boxes. these typically sat on the right hand side of the short hood (engineers side?) they were typically the two-strap kind you can get from Detail Associates. I think its a dollar for a pair, or something of that nature. the Geeps and SDs would all likely have them.

Puddlejumper Wrote:Tom,
Love the collection! I used to be a serious Conrail guy but have since gone free lanced. Did you know that CR had a GP15-1 painted for Nike? With a swoosh and everything. But I can't find a good enough photo to use to model it. I saw a photo of it one time on the front of a Conrail employee magazine.

Seriously? I've never even heard or such a thing, and i've been scouring for GP15-1 photos. do you have even a crappy photo, just so i can know i can see it to believe?
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]

Messages In This Thread