R.I.P. Model Train Magazine Index
Quote:I called the folks at Kalmbach pansies because I believe the excuses they offered as to why they would not, could not, fix the index or maintain it or whatever are LAME. I'm NOT saying they're lying - that's a serious accusation and I like to give folks the benefit of the doubt. Obviously, despite what Neil B. says about how much the staff all used the index, it wasn't valuable enough in their estimation to spend the time and money making it available. I'm not going to go all conspiracy theory on them and say they're holding on to it to generate demand until it'll return as a subscription service, even though that may be a reality if they do sink the time and effort into making it work, as they'll want to recoup their investment somehow. No, we'd have just gotten an announcement page at the website sending you to the 'subscriber log-in' page, to the new and improved MTMI (minus all of the non-Kalmbach publications).

Stein - just in case you missed it.

I'm sorry if you don't like my angry attitude regarding this. I too am hoping for a constructive solution and am very glad Joe is there to work on one. I'm just a bit cynical with regards to Kalmbach, that's all.

Joe is a successful modeler and now publisher who is poised to take action. What can I do? Calling them pansies may not actually help, but it sure makes me feel better and expresses how I'm feeling about this. I'm glad this forum is here and allows me to do just that. Again I'm sorry if this offends you. If it offends enough people then perhaps you can ban me from this forum or a moderator can remove my comments.

Galen
I may not be a rivet counter, but I sure do like rivets!

Messages In This Thread