Penn Central
Herc Driver Wrote:35 It was still a "D'oh" moment. Ah well...I'll sign myself up for the remedial thread-naming self-help class.

Meanwhile...back to the Penn Central.

I've noticed that the Kato offering of four passenger cars plus either the GG-1 or E-8 engines does not include a baggage car. Additionally, several pictures on the web show no baggage car, even on the trains that are bound for Chicago. Was a baggage car added later on the route? I'm thinking I'll need to track down a PC or early Phase 1 Amtrak car to pull this off.

Its possible the baggage cars were on the end of the train (and maybe not visible in the photograph?). depending on the train we're talking about, the "head end" stuff may actually be trailing (Why bother turning the whole consist around, when you can just slip the locomotives to the other side, especially on double enders like the GG1?).

some small runs wouldn't have baggage cars either. I have a whole set of Penn Central videos, and most trains except the very shortest had some form of baggage car (in fact, many trains were more baggage than coach).
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]

Messages In This Thread