The Big Blue End of Year Clearance Challenge
Sumpter250 Wrote:
tetters Wrote:I'll look it up for you ...sometime later next week, when ever I get a chance to get a round to it.
Toit, round, type 1,MK III, mod 2, 1 each, NSN 8539-642-0010. They may have deleted this item from the Federal supply system, because too many things were getting done, and the strain on the budget was larger than the graft and corruption!
Icon_lol

My dad, the Methodist Minister, when commenting on Christmas Eve to parishoners he hadn't seen in quite a while, and getting the excuse that they just hadn;'t gotten around to it, had silver dollar-sized wooden disks made up that said "Wayne Methodist Church, Runnymede and South Wayne Avenues, Wayne, Penna." on one side and "TUIT" in big bold letters on the other. On the following Easter morning, when he again saw these same people (who, in the privacy of our home, the Parsonage, he called "Twicers") he would again comment that it had been a while since he had seen them. Upon getting the same old response about "getting around to it," he would then reach over to a stool standing next to him, pick up one of these disks from a basket and hand it to them, saying, "Well, now you have a Round Tuit, and so you will remember where you got it, the address is on the other side. Happy Easter!"

We kids thought it was hysterical! But it was stunts like that one that he used to grow a dying church of 240-some members, 150 of whom showed up on any given Sunday, into a congregation of 1600, 1200 of whom attended one of three services every Sunday in a new complex of beautiful Colonial Brick buildings in only 14 years. Well, that and the fact that he was one damn good speaker!

I miss that man!
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln

Messages In This Thread