Depression
Matt,
If I remember correctly, you need carpel tunnel surgery in both wrists. I've had the surgery on my right wrist, and it wasn't that bad. You don't want to do both wrists at the same time because you want one hand available for use at all times. Unless the doctor or insurance company is holding things up, I would recommend go ahead and have the surgery. My wife had her right wrist done as well, then last May a table collapsed on her at work and smashed the right wrist. She had surgery on the wrist to repair it that involved 2 pins, a plate, and 4 or 5 screws. After she had recovered from the surgery, she needed to have the carpel tunnel redone to repair it all over again. Her surgery was successful as well. She took about 1 month to get back to work. Since my job was mechanical and feeling is critical in the work, it took me 3 months to get back to work. From what I've seen, carpel tunnel problems don't seem to fix themselves.

Feel free to vent. Anybody that can't handle the "venting" by members here, can just not read the post.

Messages In This Thread