Norfolk Southern are painted black...but which one?
Herc Driver Wrote:I like the black shade (Color? Hue? Not sure what word is accurate there) of that CR electric. I'm trying to get a "new" shiny look without being over done. I'm thinking that high gloss black is over done and needs toned down a notch or two. To strip or not to strip the paint off...I'm still mulling that one over.

Well, I think you'll have to strip just because of the uneven coating on the model shell. If it were a little thinner, and you had some parts where it didn't cover well, i'd say just paint another layer over it.

Since it puddled though, i don't think you have much of an option, unless you think you're ok with the paint being a little thick on the bottom edges.

The electrics were done with a base coat of Pollyscale engine black, with crystal-cote laquer over it.

Tom Wrote:If this one doesn't work out, then I'd advise doing the next one in flat black and then gloss coating it.

Exactly. that's what i did with those Conrail electrics.

Quote: I wonder if you can strip gloss black spray paint?

I think so, but i'd look up what the right stripper would be. 91% isopropyl alcohol does the trick most of the time.
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]

Messages In This Thread