Depression
iis612 Wrote:Thanks everyone.
Russ,

I have had carpal tunnel surgery done, however, I have further damage to both wrists. I have bilateral TFCC seperation from the unlnar styloid. My ulna is slightly longer than the radius in both wrists which means they will have to be shortened.
I have ulnar, radial, and Dorsal interferential nerve damage, as well as carpal tunnel syndrome in my left wrist. I also have a couple of flexor tendons in my left hand that are partially torn. My doctor has described the damage as catastrophic and the surgery is categorized as reconstruction.
In addition to the TFCC damage in my right wrist, I also have torn FCU and ECU tendons.
The insurance company is playing games. They have disclosed statements from the witness to the fall and 2 reports from the insurance companies Independant Medical Examiner that are so favorable to my case that my lawyer has said that he would introduce them at trial. However, the insurance companies lawyer thinks that they can fight against letting me have the surgery, so in over a year I have had 1 carpal tunnel release done.

Matt

I may be the only guy on the forum who understands every word of that.

It's your hand and shoulder - fight for them or lose them. The insurance company will only look at the cost, and if they give in to you, they have to pay for everybody else. That outcome is predictably bad for them, which is why it is cheaper and better for them to oppose providing the needed care to you.

Whatever happens, I wish you luck. One of the primary reasons I quit medicine when I did - five years ahead of schedule - was because money became more important to my employers than the patients I was supposed to treat, and that policy was driven by the insurance companies.

Messages In This Thread