L&M Rocky Mountain Pass
OBJack Wrote:It certainly looks an interesting build Lynn, and having seen your work, you will no doubt do it justice. Worship
A great start so far, and I am looking forward to seeing it materialize in the following posts.

As a matter of interest.... is 11" x 20" the total footprint of the saw mill now?
.....and what was the original size.

and......do you build all your kits on baseboards ie: so you are able to set the scene around them, or do you transplant and fix everything individually onto your layout.

Jack
Thanks Jack for the vote of confidence. When I'm referrinf to the foot print I'm referring to the dio base, I originally had it as 7.5 x 15" and now its 11 x 20" the fsm plan calls for 11x 22 so I'm more in the ball park now. I centred the sawmill centre of the wood base . First off most of my dio's were built by Madmike , your probably familar with his works, personally I think large builds should be done as a dio , its much more comfortable to sit and work on , for smaller area's where there built up within a town area I feel that its better to build the building set it in place and build up the scenery around it.
Lynn

New Adventure <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://bigbluetrains.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=9245">viewtopic.php?f=46&t=9245</a><!-- l -->

Great White North
Ontario,Canada

Messages In This Thread