Liberty Industrial Spur
Ed, I think the reason I enjoyed the 4x8 was that I wasn't under any pressure to make things realistic, I am a Model Railroader, when I build a layout I want more of a representation of a place rather than a piece of art, with the 4x8 I was able to focus on the railroad elements, and being able to have a continuous run was one of them.

I may end up building Lance M's "Skills Builder" layout, it would be fairly quick to build to a complete looking state so I can focus on the parts of the hobby I enjoy.

shortliner Wrote:Justin. If you really want a Roundy-roundy, way back in MR there was a layout by my mate Nick Palette called "Conrails Hallsvile, Pa." It is 6' x4' withj a minimum of scenery sxcept for buildingswhich should do what you want . Send me an email to chacmool at lineone dot net and I'll send it to you

I have that article, that was one of the things that got me into realistic operations, my 4x8 was just a loop with some spurs, then after reading that article I tried ops on the layout and they were alot of fun, his plan is one of the only 4x8 plans I would ever use.
Justin Miller
Modeling the Lebanon Industrial Railway (LIRY)

Messages In This Thread