Liberty Industrial Spur
Justinmiller171 Wrote:
faraway Wrote:. Just take your last track plan, build it and run a generic operation. It is your layout and you decide each day in your imagination what it is all about. Refrain from items that pin you down to much (like the old water tower or very slick concrete buildings) and you can run anything between 1945 and 1980.

That's what I am thinking, what I think was happening was that when I would pick one road I would end up seeing a good picture of another railroad and change my mind. Perhaps a generic track-plan would work better.

Well, that is one way of doing it.

But then I would strongly suggest that you pick a different generic track plan than the last one you considered. Matt (fluesheet) can pull that one off because he is a builder and a most excellent detailer of track, more than a runner. But that track plan is pretty bad for switching. It also does not have the visual variation you wanted, and it has very little room for scenery.

Matt needed it to be very shallow because of space limitations. You can go deeper (without getting excessively deep), and create more variation, while still having a layout where you can swap out scenery and buildings and locomotives and rolling stock.

Smile,
Stein

Messages In This Thread