An experiment in rust.
Please tell me how this looks. It is an experiment in creating a partially rusted out panel on a 1/64 car for the junk yard. This is a hot wheels duece roadster, the rear inner fender panel was taken out with a dremel & an aluminum panel put in. The panel is made of a disposable aluminum baking tin, I pierced it in several spots with a needle , then dripped ferric chloride( Archer brand circut board etchant ) on it. The overall body rust was achieved with Floquil rust that had a mix of baking soda & powered brown chalk sprinkled on it while still wet.
I am thinking that this might be useful on some of my junkyard cars----- provided it does look real according to some of you guys-- after all , some of you are the best modelers around.

I had intended to make a partially built hot rod out of this duece roadster-- built in the WORST example of a hot rod ever made -- botched up frame , a completely UNSPRUNG front axle, probably a flathead straight eight motor , really a POS deathtraop, that somebody gave up on halfway done & probably that saved their life . I can't do that because the Hot Wheels duece is WAY smaller than 1/64th & just won't look right in the yard. It is just a bit bigger than HO to tell the truth!! RATS!!!!

Instant glue ? ---- SOLDER ---- NOW THATS INSTANT!

Messages In This Thread