Liberty Industrial Spur
steinjr Wrote:Going back to your latest idea - the New Haven in New England. Are you sure that this is what you really want? Or would you like a little more time to think about why (and if) the New Haven would be better than the SP, the WP, the Milwaukee or the BNSF for you? What is it about it that makes you feel more enthusiastic about this railroad than about the railroads you have already listed?

Well, I like the equipment, I like the scenery, and I like the era.

steinjr Wrote:How big do you want to make this layout? Be realistic this time. Have you looked for scenes you would like to model?

Max size is 14"x8', scenery would either be an end of a branch-line or a semi-urban industrial area.

The track-plan I am currently thinking about is one of fluesheet's earlier designs based off of one of Stein's designs:
[Image: p250869815-5.jpg]

Some changes I would make would be to make warehouse 1 a non-railserved background flat, make the Rip track a diffrent industry, and make the track end on the left side, trains would be stages on the middle-right track, I would also make the layout a few inches deeper to allow for some scenery up front.
Justin Miller
Modeling the Lebanon Industrial Railway (LIRY)

Messages In This Thread