Roundhouse 0-6-0 vs DCC/Sound
Rethinking about it, I'm quite thrilled to tackle the CNR 0-6-0 project at this point.

Question: It may sounds funny, but most of my steam locomotive projects are stalled for stanchions (handrail posts) shortage. I've been looking for them for months but most online shops are out of stock for short ones. It's getting really annoying to think models aren't completed because of such a trifle. Nope I've scavenged everything I could from defunct steamers. I'm remember a guy who told me he waited years to finish specfic locomotives because he waited for parts.

Any idea were I could get them? And in good quantity?

Other questions:

[Image: Question1.jpg]

1) What is this structure on the tender? Doesn't look like a water hatch to me.

2) Lots of piping under the cab. What is it. Also, what is the use of the pipes running under the cab and runningboard (not the coil for the air pump)?

3) The steam generator seems to be connected to some valve with an handle. If you look on the cab front, you'll see some pipes and things near the window...

4) What's this valve? It's name, it's use...

5) I guess they are pop valves. However, one seems to be muffled (the right one), the left one is different, Is it also a pop valve?

6) Check valve! OK, I answered myself...

7) This bell seems to be fixed and activated by some duct. Having a hard time finding a suitable brass casting. Maybe I should bash it myself.

8) Funny piping going through the lagging... Any idea?

9) My guess is that they are air lines going from back to front. I was able to retrace them up to the ash pan/firebox. Am I right?

[Image: Question2.jpg]

I retraced the "air pipe" were it could be seen.

What is the pipe entering the smokebox? I suspect a steam exhaust line from some apparatus. What the name of the small thing/valve entering the smokebox?

Finally, I couldn't locate the air strainer for the air pumps. A class O-12-f picture of an active locomotive seems to locate it under the running board, right to the first air pump. Crazy connection of two pumps too...

Matt
Proudly modelling Quebec Railway Light & Power Company since 1997.

Hedley-Junction Club Layout: http://www.hedley-junction.blogspot.com/

Erie 149th Street Harlem Station http://www.harlem-station.blogspot.com/

Messages In This Thread