Speaking of Passenger Service
Hi Green Elite,

I understand the frustration with having particles within the fluting showing up in an Alclad job. To play it safe, after the undecorated or paint-stripped model has been washed, take a clean toothbrush, hold it with the head parallel to the fluting and scrub the fluting back and forth with dawn or Ivory dishwashing soap with a small amount of isopropyl alcohol mixed in. Rinse with warm water, blow it dry with your airbrush or blow gun and carefully look at the fluting up close. If there are any "grainy" partilcles left in the flutes, repeat the process.

After applying your basecoat, look carefully at the surface with a flashlight. If it appears textured, wet-sand the surface with a fine scotch pad or 1500 grit wet sand paper then rinse off and clean. Apply another thin coat of basecoat. Things should look considerably better. Once the surface is smooth, it's ready for Alcladding 8-)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Green_Elite_Cab Wrote:My Arrow IIIs in action.....................My Arrow IIs have been painted. Unfortunately, the Alclad paint is difficult to work with. No matter how clean I keep my models, I always seem to get this weird "whitish" color, which seems to be some small layer of gunk in the flutes of the Arrow. They aren't obvious here, but they show up at certain angles in the light. VERY frustrating...................................................................

[Image: PA051332.jpg]

[Image: PA051323.jpg]

[Image: PA051318.jpg]

Messages In This Thread