advice on styrene wraps to add rivet detail
so as noted I have started heading down a road with this little Mantua tender and its really growing on me! underframe is pretty much done now other than the addition of some details such as rerailers, draw-bar and limiting chains on the trucks (just love those!!).... and yes those are leaf sprung arch bar trucks under there..... I think they look soooo cool! even if they will restrict this unit to its home road trackage. The tender shell still needs to have the CN decals stripped, cast on details removed, new wire grabs and railings, new steps, cut bar, tender light, and of course the decoder installed. Speaker will have to fire up through the coal load for everything to fit in but it can be done. Really starting to have fun with this again! Next I will turn to adding some weight to the loco to improve tractive effort.... this will be challenging but doable using some of Wayne's techniques for the Athearn Mikes.

I may actually convert this from left hand drive to right by moving the compressor to the left and the reverser to the right and replacing with brass details to help with weight.

Maybe need to re-title this thread to Bob's Loco Project.

Attached Files Image(s)

Messages In This Thread