Five years of the Blues…
Catt Wrote:Sorry Mikey.You can call this Big Blue all you want ,but to some of us it will always be The Gauge. I was invited to join by Dave about two days after the Gauge came on line.For any of you that don't know that was two days before that upstart Mikey Joined. :mrgreen: It's been a fun ride and I plan to keep riding with some of the best people I know of. Thumbsup Thumbsup

Yeah, you are right, a lot of us think about those days. You guys make me feel like a newbie though since I didn't come aboard for another two years after you guys did. Wink

We would have kept "The-Gauge" name, but it was sold to CG along with the forums and we didn't want a legal to battle with a group that has deep pockets. We did the next best thing and used our old nickname, "Big Blue". I think now, after five years, we have our own identity and can stand on our own, with a lot of our old members along with a bunch of new ones. That's one reason we changed from our old URL (the-gauge.net) to our current one, (bigbluetrains.com). That and the fact that it made our transition to the new server so much easier. I doubt that CG will every relinquish the old Gauge URL, although it no longer takes you to the old place, but rather to the CG website.

BTW, if you google "the-gauge train forums", the first thing to come up is..... tada..... BigBlueTrains.com, Zealot comes after us.... Thumbsup Thumbsup
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread