Kit bashing a kit bash
Some will say you need to have lots of room so the trucks can turn around and back up to the door. After what I witnessed while I was working in NJ a few weeks ago, I say - hogwash! This one company I passed, from the edge of the doc to the edge of the pavement, was barely enough room for the trailer and tractor, there was maybe another car length plus a travel lane, because people parked cars directly opposite the dock space. As such, I was held up one day as a truck blocked the entire street trying to get angled enough to back straight in to the lot and then make the 90 degree turn to put the trailer up against the dock. Now, you never know if this was a rookie driver or not, but the moves were NOT easy and it took a significant amount of time. I'm going to assume the guy had at least some experience, I doubt a rookie could have gotten it in there. Of course this is an exception rather than the rule, but - there's a prototype for everything. If I get there again I will try to remember to snap a few pictures. There's no parking along that street so I can't exactly stop and get out and take pictures.

--Randy
Modeling the Reading Railroad of the 1950's in HO

Visit my web site to see layout progress and other information:
http://www.readingeastpenn.com

Messages In This Thread