UP SD40-2's NEW Layout
David, thanks for the "add a corner triangle" idea, wow, it will really help a lot Thumbsup .

Chris(twist) , Thanks for the complements, if my layout comes out even half as good as I see yours is coming along I would be more then happy Wink .

Chris(G_E_C) Thanks for the input on the 36r curves, your so right, but ugh...it takes so much room Nope .

UPDATE:

Well, I got enough wood to do two more sections on the layout this last weekend, just finished putting it up too :mrgreen: .

[Image: DSCN0379_zpszznztsbv.jpg]

I thought ok, well, 30r wasn't good for the curves so how about 33r?, as you can see, it really didn't make a big difference, still the cars going through the curve doesn't look great :cry: . To put an end to the insanity I am going 34r and moving the whole thing down a bit so I will need the triangles David mentioned on the corners to make it work. Sadly it will eat up so much room the straight sections wont be that long, but the heck with it, I will make due and be thankful I have what I have. 8-) (both pics below show 33r curve)

[Image: DSCN0381_zpsmdgnkwdb.jpg]

[Image: DSCN0382_zpszxokoey0.jpg]

Double mainline, inside track at 3.5 inches in from inside edge, outer mainline will be set at 6'' from inside edge.

Till next time, stay on track folks Thumbsup
[Image: sig2.jpg]-Deano
[Image: up_turb10k_r.gif]

Messages In This Thread