UP SD40-2's NEW Layout
Wayne, sadly, we have no plans on spending any money on the basement, we just have to many other things that desperately need to be done first, and the money just isn't there right now Nope . Dads house was the same, no money was ever put into the basement, yet through the years we built many great layouts, nice and cool in the summer to work on them, and bust out the space heater in the winter Misngth . Thanks so much for the thought though Thumbsup .

Charlie & Postman, yes, I am figuring the layout on the fly, and I do have a good part of it figured out...mostly Wink . Not much in the way of industries, I do have a freight house and small factory, I really want to build a GERN, but that will be about it for industries. I am what I call an "Aquarium Model RRer" Misngth , what that means is I mostly like to run trains and just admire them going through the scenery I have created as I walk around the layout, its kinda my "Zen" time Wink . Its also nice to have the trains running while I am working on a project(I am dyeing to get working on my second cab forward) , or weathering, etc. Don't get me wrong, I like switching too, but its not my favorite part of model RRing .

UPDATE:
Well, I got the frame work up, and ran trains for two nights on it! WOW, I really missed this, it was so fun Applause .
[Image: DSCN0414_zpsqdf3wl9g.jpg]

But then tonight...HOLD MY (root)BEER BOYS, AND WATCH THIS! Eek
I tore one whole side of the track up and made two grades with a spot for crossing a river Confusedhock: One of Wayne's engines was the very first engine to cross it too Thumbsup
[Image: DSCN0424_zpsrmqcgqlg.jpg]

[Image: DSCN0426_zpsnreqfzxg.jpg]

I need to do some research, I would like to put two 40's-50's style bridges up, out west style, just small because I wouldn't really call that big enough for a river, more like a creek I guess.

That's all for tonight, its late, till next time, stay on track folks! Thumbsup
[Image: sig2.jpg]-Deano
[Image: up_turb10k_r.gif]

Messages In This Thread