UP SD40-2's NEW Layout
Thanks so much guys! :mrgreen: The initial complete run around of the whole layout, after all these years out of it was, phenomenal :mrgreen:

This weeks update:
Well, though I am not completely done laying track, I have the 2 mainlines up so I soldered the track...
[Image: DSCN0434_zps4f8viirg.jpg]

Replaced the ties I took out...
[Image: DSCN0436_zpsjzpxwqle.jpg]

And painted both the mainlines, though I will hate myself for painting them when it comes time to put a switch for an industry or two in Misngth ...
[Image: DSCN0451_zpsihopy6gv.jpg]

I also STARTED going through boxes and taking inventory on my engines, checking each one to see how it runs, if it has problems, or just slap doesn't run for some reason. I ended up getting about one third of the way through them so far.
[Image: DSCN0463_zpsxbbntwgg.jpg]

Who likes Tunnel Motors?.....THIS GUY Thumbsup Goldth
[Image: DSCN0485_zpscihadlgv.jpg]

Some of you that follow this thread may remember I have two cab forwards, one is an AC12 from Intermountain, DCC with sound...
[Image: DSCN0467_zpsmfejageu.jpg]

The other one I have is an AC11 made by Riverossi, DC. I picked this one up years ago at the Lena model RR show from a guys junk box for $20.00. I have been tinkering with this engine off and on for years, I bought a bunch of details for it to dress it up because I figured even if I couldn't get it running again at least it would look good and I would put it along side the track somewhere. Well last night I soldered the last couple wires I thought it was missing and put the shell back on, no easy feat, and gave it a shot...IT WORKED!!! Eek So here I am, 9:30 at night downstairs yelling :ITS ALIVE...ITS ALIVE..MUH HA HA HA HA, ITS ALIVE!(to myself) , my wife runs down thinking something was wrong, I had a maniacal look on my face and felt like Dr Frankenstein, but was happy and explained to my wife how I had been messing with this engine for years and was overwhelmed to see it actually running. Somehow she didn't seem as enthused as I was but that's ok Goldth . Now I can work on detailing it. BTW, it pulls at least 20 cars, I had a 20 car consist on the track another engine was pulling so I tried it out, to awesome Big Grin
[Image: DSCN0474_zpsemkvq3ec.jpg]

Till next time folks, stay on track Thumbsup
[Image: sig2.jpg]-Deano
[Image: up_turb10k_r.gif]

Messages In This Thread