UP SD40-2's NEW Layout
UPDATE:
I stopped by Menards this past weekend to get a box of paint sticks, couldn't find them so I asked the kid behind the counter where they had them, ends up they don't sell paint sticks, go figure Nope . He was nice enough to give me 10 of them for free, and told me about a gross of about 40 Cedar shims that just might work for me, so I thanked him and was on my way, ended up working out perfectly, to top it all off they were cedar, a chance they might detour bugs too Thumbsup .

So I ended up making my skeleton frame for the mountain, painting my tunnel portals, and getting rock formations ready on either side of my creek. I think tomorrow is going to be the day I start doing my plastering, and boy do I have a lot to do. From where the tape covers the tracks on one end, all the way to the other end will have plaster covering 95% of the area(about 13') Eek

I love real industrial areas, street running and all, but I opted to go a different route, railroading out in the the middle of nowhere Thumbsup . Sure, that takes away switching opportunities, but a lot of railroading is like that, so I am doing a long stretch of just scenic landscape. I do however plan on making an old highway follow the length of the inside track, and have decided to put one of my two Diners at the top of the mountain overlooking everything, so the whole side of the layout wont be quite so desolate Misngth .

Anyways, pics below will give you an idea of where I am currently at.
[Image: DSCN0654_zpsce5f6jta.jpg]

[Image: DSCN0656_zpsd7xhjm5i.jpg]

[Image: DSCN0659_zpsk1co4tjc.jpg]

Till next time, stay on track! Thumbsup
[Image: sig2.jpg]-Deano
[Image: up_turb10k_r.gif]

Messages In This Thread